This is my favorite picture of Steve – it says so much about him.
- He never looked right in a suit. Lucky for him that as his success grew he shed the IBM 70’s look.
- He always wanted to deliver simple compelling value – like an apple nourishes us.
- He thought differently – and taught his generation to do the same.
- He showed his passion in everything he did.
- He was able to disconnect from what was expected and do the unexpected.
- He inspired us all to think bigger and be bolder with our products.
He has battled cancer for a while now. But in the meantime he created the smart phone global market and defined the next generation of communication and computing. There will be more change in the next 10 years than in the previous 100. I believe that. He was a key part of laying the foundation for this rapid change. I believe Steve really wanted to be around to see it – and to continue his legacy of innovation. We who are inspired by him will have to help carry on his legacy.